Notepad++ is a free source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL Licence.
Based on a powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
- Syntax Highlighting and Syntax Folding
- User Defined Syntax Highlighting
- Regular Expression Search/Replace supported
- Full Drag 'N' Drop supported
- Dynamic position of Views
- File Status Auto-detection
- Zoom in and zoom out
- Multi-Language environment supported
- Brace and Indent guideline Highlighting
- Macro recording and playback
Fix hanging problem while shutdown and backup file is absent.
Fix Sort Lines as Integers issue: use Natural Sort algorithm.
Fix Open File Dialog error for a long path.
Fix document map display bug when the view is scrolled past the end of the file.
Fix tool bar display bug in big icon mode issue.
Make caret line always visible on click from Finder panel.
Fix UDL export extension issue.
Fix Run Macro multiple times dialog display glitch after deleting a Macro.
NppExport v0.2.8 (32-bit x86 only).
Mime Tool 2.1.
Updater (Installer only):
WinGup (for Notepad++) v5.0.1.